When I was growing up Thanksgiving was the holiday on the bottom of my list of favorite holidays. I thought, you don't go anywhere, we just eat, its not fun... its boring. I told myself, "When I have a family, we're going to do FUN stuff for Thanksgiving and never be at home!" Well, here I am doing the same thing I did growing up. What changed? I realized what Thanksgiving was all about. Just being thankful. I was still young when I realized that, but I have not forgotten what this wonderful holiday is all about. So in celebration of the wonderful holiday that is upon us in 3 hours... here is my list of things I'm thankful for in the year 2007.
1. My testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ. Its something I've had for many, many years now and it hasn't dwindled a bit. I'd be nothing without him, His gospel and all that He's done for me. He showed what true love is, and I'll be indebted to Him for eternity.
2. My life. I couldn't be happier. I wake up so glad to have each day. The time we have is a precious gift.
3. My husband, Matt. I've said it before, he's amazing. We are so great together. After 6 years we are still going strong and I still love each other more than ever. We've been tested, and will continue to be throughout our lives, but I know he'll always be there for me and for that I will always be thankful. Matt is also the hardest worker I know! I am always so proud to be his wife.
4. Mae. She's happy, she's upset, she's a firecracker, she has a mind of her own, she gives kisses and hugs freely and loves to say "I love you." She's my little baby girl. Hearing her say "Mommy" is something I cherish! I've learned so much about myself with Mae here. She has taught me a lot about life, forgiveness, and being an example. I love being with her everyday, and can't wait to see her grow up and be there for her. She is so sweet and will always be such a blessing to me.
5. Will. Easiest child on earth. He is always happy! Always loves to see me! From day one, in the womb, he was such a treat, I wasn't sick at all the whole pregnancy. From then on, he has always been so peaceful. He took his first step yesterday... I can't believe he's moving on from babyhood! He's my baby boy and probably always will be!
6. All of my family. My family is huge and I love it! I'm so excited to spend tomorrow with everyone... all 33 of us. (It would be 34, but Dena is in San Francisco:(
7. My in-laws. I totally scored in the in-law department. Couldn't ask for a better family to join! I love each and every one of them; I am so lucky to be a part of their family and actually feel like I'm treated just a like a daughter, sister, neice, etc.
8. Good friends. I've always had wonderful friends who care about me and who are uplifting and fun. In life I think its normal to have certain friends at certain times in our lives, but I'm especially thankful for the friends whom I've had for years and years, that have taken the time to keep in touch with me. I'm thankful that my friends are patient with me as I am not a perfect friend.
9. The internet. Shopping, talking, emailing, blogging, spying on people's blogs, looking up odd facts and information, playing games (not so much these days though); the internet is so great!
10. Simplicity. For just taking everyday for what it is. For enjoying each moment I have with those I love around me. For being HAPPY with the now. Its something I sometimes have to remind myself of each day, its easy to get caught up in wishing for this and that... but what an amazing blessing it is, to just be happy with right now.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
You are so wonderful Amers!!! You write so beautifully, and I loved reading it! It was like sitting next to you, hearing you say it! I love ya, always have! You are one of my truest and longest friends! Hope your thanksgiving ROCKED! Hopefully we will see each other soon!! Take care girl!!
Post a Comment