Sunday, December 16, 2007

Will is 1!


Just look at this little guy! Its so crazy to think of how much he has changed in just one year. He is the sweetest little boy. Even in the womb, he was so easy on me. No sicknesses, no swelling... it was really a wonderful pregnancy. Then came his birth... He came a week early! Pretty awesome! The day he was born, I woke up at 4:45 with labor pains. We got to the hospital around 7:00 and before I could even realize what was going on, William Cask Stephens was born at 10:44. He didn't even cry when he was born! He just kind of looked around, I distinctively remember him looking up at me, just soaking it all in. Since then, he's been such a joy. He is a happy little boy, always making us smile. His birthday was on December 11 and I can't believe its been a year already. He started walking a lot this week. He's on his way to bigger and better things! So as we had a little birthday party for him tonight, I couldn't help but getting a little sad. See that little baby up there? He's not so tiny anymore! He is growing up. He is 1 now for pete's sake... and he'll never be a tiny baby again. Although, I know that he'll always be my baby... whether he likes it or not. :) Happy Birthday Boy!

2 comments:

a Tom said...

That picture is so cute. I can't think of the comic strip character he reminds me of. Is it the hair of Calvin? I don't know. Happy birthday just the same. And hooray for babies not born in the middle of the night!

Stacy said...

Will is adorable! But so is Mae. You guys make the cutest kids! :) Happy birthday, Will!