Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mae's art

A few weeks ago, Mae began drawing faces. These are a few of her first ones.
Mae: "Will, he's mad"
Me: "why is he mad?"
Mae: "because he had to get his picture taken."
(Which is exactly what happened when we got pictures taken on his birthday. Notice his "hair" including facial hair!)


"Will, mad"
Do you see a theme going here?

"Will, mad"
"Mommy, mad" (I didn't even ask why, no thanks)
Someone told me, "Kids draw happy faces when they are happy and content with their life."
Sad! Mae is so miserable, apparently!

So I SHOWED her how to draw a happy face! That's a half smile I'm guessing.


And finally... a smile!
Un-coaxed, of course.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so cute. I love to see how they perceive things. brielle drew a little pic of the family. It was so interesting because she put her in between Josh and I and Hope clear off to the side. She also had a "Grumpy" face on Josh and said he was angry. She didn't ever tell me why. It made Josh sad.

Lacey Sue said...

I always heard they just draw the emotions they see in others. Aspen always draws her teacher smiling and mom frowning (cause you have a headache mom) I feel your pain!! But she is a good little artist. And apparently Wil has a temper issues (hehehehe) no seriously she is just fine AM!!

Rachel said...

How funny...I guess I'll have to start monitoring my emotions more so Ethan will draw smiles on me. :)