Monday, March 2, 2009

These two

SAY CHEESE!

On my cell phone, I have a feature that when I take a picture a voice says "SAY CHEESE!" Mae and Will think its awesome and ask me to take their pictures all the time now. But seriously, look how cute these two are! Will has some food in his mouth, but I still thought it turned out pretty cute for just a camera phone shot.

Speaking of Will, since we got High School Musical 3 last week, he's been wanting it non-stop. I limit it to once a day and he watches the first song which he calls "Sisseen!" (sixteen) and then once that's over he says "Watch boys a-back??" and once that song is over he's done with it and wants to watch "sisseen" again. So we were in an elevator last week and an old lady said Hi to the kiddos. Will looked up at her, so serious and said, "The boys a-back, the boys a-back, sisseen, sisseen, the boys a-back." She just looked at us and said "I have no idea what he said!" We just laughed, not wanting to explain it all to her!

Will is a totally different boy these days. I'm afraid he's hit the ornery two's. He is still cute as a bug, don't get me wrong, but most days I just don't know what to do with him! He started throwing tantrums, as well as himself when he's upset. He gets upset over just about anything, too. But luckily I've been through this before and I just don't do much when he throws a fit, because it only gets worse when I do! He is also still telling me "NOPE!" whenever given the chance and he is extremely private about having his diaper changed and does not want Mae anywhere near. And then, there are times like now, that he is so happy, running from one end of the room to the other, saying "HeeYA!" So I guess I really have nothing to complain about. Last night Will was bouncing off the couches and acting like he was in a fight with them! He was saying "heeya!" and acting like he'd get hit and then fall to the floor! I was busting up and asked Matt, "what on earth is he doing?!" Matt explained, "This is what boys do. he could be fighting crime, beating up a ninja or doing karate... either way, this is what all boys do!"

Let's see what is going on with Mae these days... Mae loves changing her outfits. She figured out how to get her closet open and changes a few times a day. I don't usually let her stay in the outfit, but its interesting what she does to entertain herself. She also loves going to preschool and acting like she is Will's teacher or mom. She went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and it was the traumatizing experience for her(and me!) because they had to hold her down to check her throat! 3 extra nurses came in to help, plus me... oh I don't recommend it! It was horrible, but over fast! That's beside the point... Mae weighed in at 34 pounds and 43 inches tall! She is so tall now and has gained all of 5 pounds in the past year. Next month is her 4th birthday! Its hard to believe! Time is flying by and she's just growing right in front of me.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Such cute kids! Good luck with Will...I know it's hard when they hit this stage.

Crystal said...

Both those pics are sooo cute!! wow 34 pounds huh? Ryland hit 33 around 2 and now I am sure has surpassed that (she is 2 1/2) now). I have chunky babies! Congrats on being a new aunt!

Emily said...

What a fun update! They are growing and changing so fast. I am starting to understand what "boys are like."

Sharon said...

I seriously can't believe you have a four-year-old (almost). That just doesn't seem possible! I hope that we will live closer together one day so that our kids can grow up together!

~April~ said...

They're so cute! Kamaryn turns 4 on sunday. I can't believe how fast those years have gone by.

The Schooley's said...

NIce camera phone!! They are the cutest kids ever!! I can't believe Mae will be 4 soon!! Where has time gone??

Lacey Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey Sue said...

Your kids are both so darling!!! I think Will is doing what is totally normal for little boys..he and Braden could be twins. The moodiness, the play fighting...all part and parcel of being a boy. Bring Will over sometime, we'll let them fight ninjas together!