I've been waiting to do this for awhile, but wanted it to happen at the right time. I figured a Friday would work well so Matt and I could do it together over the weekend if it gets tough. So today we gathered the pacifiers and put them in a box on the front porch. Will even had one in his mouth and was so obedient, just put it in there and then said
"Bye bye sassthie..."
and gave it a kiss.
Mae asked for hers a couple times and I reminded her that the passie fairy gave it to a baby who needed it. At one point she said, "I'm not a big girl, I'm a baby and I need a passie!" Two seconds later she had forgotten about it AND took an excellent nap. Will had a very nice nap and didn't even ask for it until he woke up, but once again, forgot about it one second later.
Tonight we had Mae's birthday party (more on that in another post... it was so fun!) We got home late and put the kiddos in bed. Mae asked for her passie... Will did not. Mae sang Will a song (so sweet)...they talked for a minute in bed and then went to sleep.
Could it be...?? Did it work!?!?!
I guess I won't know for sure until we make it through tonight. However, I'm very excited that they fell asleep! YAY!
If you remember, I tried this once before, just a year ago and it was the most miserable day. So already it is looking great.
3 comments:
Love it!! Good job, Mae and Will! I can't wait to hear how they did last night!
What a cute idea! Getting rid of the binky is one of the biggest challenges. I hope it worked!
Nice!! YOu are so creative. What a good idea!
Post a Comment