Monday, March 22, 2010

The Countdown

On Friday I flew into San Francisco on a beautifully clear day. My sister Ardena has lived here for the past 6 years and I should have visited much sooner! A special thanks to Matt for being "daddy-daycare" for the weekend, I know the kids had a blast and did not worry about them at all.

Here is my top 10 of my weekend in San Francisco.

10. Muir Redwood Forest - something I've always wanted to see and it was so beautiful!






9. Chinatown and all the stores I could spend a whole day in!

8. H & M - I walked through the women's section, saw so many cute things... kind of wandered toward the back and WHOA the cutest kids' section of clothes! I could have spent hours there deciding whether or not to re-do my kids' wardrobes but decided to spare Dena the torture!
7. Burma Super Star. I've never had most of the things we ate but I LOVED trying Burmese food at this place. Such a fun place with tons of energy and the food was something I'll remember for a very long time.

6. The Golden Gate Bridge. It was just breathtaking to see something like this in person.


5. WICKED! It was so fun to see Wicked! It was amazing and I honestly didn't know that much about it because I didn't want to 'spoil' it, so it a lot different from what I thought it would be - but in a good way.



4. People watching and just plain weird stuff. I love people watching and this city is perfect for doing so. It also doesn't lack in weird stuff that just makes you wonder.




3. Food. Being my first visit to SF I wasn't sure what to expect but everywhere we ate was better than the last place and so different from anything I've had before. This was taken at The Pork Store - awesome breakfast.

2. Meeting my new friend, Sierra. Over 5 years have past since Ardena blessed an amazing family with this little girl and you can see she is the sweetest thing. It was such a joy to be able to meet her! She is full of personality and reminded me of my little Mae in so many different ways. The next trip I will have to bring Mae - I know they will be best buds in about a minute.





1. My SISTER! Spending time with Dena was such a blast. We don't get to see each other very often, unless one of us travels to see the other, but it is well worth it. THANK YOU Ardena for the fabulous time! I will remember it forever. I love you!

5 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

Your trip was so similar to when we went to visit SF last November! Muir Woods is beautiful, right?! Again, very jealous, but happy you got to see your sissy!

Rachel said...

LOVE San Fran! I LOVE Muir Woods too! So gorgeous! So much fun!

Sharon said...

How fun! I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with Ardena! And San Fran looks like a blast! And... I cried when I saw Sierra's photo. She is beautiful and looks exactly like the Cask Family! Thanks for posting so many pics! Love your list!

Shay said...

I just told my sisters we need to do another girls' trip to San Fran. WICKED is wicked!! Glad you got a great vacation.

Rachel said...

Oh, lots of great things about San Fran. I NEVER get tired of it...especially Wicked, Muir Woods, good food...mmmm...all of it.