Wednesday, April 28, 2010

5 YEARS!





At the risk of beginning to sound like a broken record, I'll stop with the "I can't believe Mae is THIS OLD!" bit.


If you want time to pass quickly, have a child.


Mae was born in a really cold state - North Dakota, and our lives have never been the same.

Mae made me a mom, forever. That will never change.


Mae has a stronge personality but at times, decides she wants to be shy.


She loves to sing.


She loves to dance.


She is not embarassed to do either.


Mae is observant. She immediatly voices what she has seen, such as: That lady has a big booty mom!


Mae is ready to be friends with anyone. I was never like this as a child. I was so shy it was painful. Mae will walk into a room and say HI! to everyone. And if that doesn't work, she'll go up and introduce herself.


Mae has taken on the role of being Will's mom. Sometimes I wonder if its part of playing "family" together or not because it seems to be on-going. She calls him 'baby' and he totally acts the part as well. They are a funny little pair. They are always making up some type of game together or acting out a movie together. (or tormenting one another)


Mae is ready to grow up. Whenever we pass the bra section in a store, she picks out the brightest, flashiest bra, brings it to me and says: Mom I think I am ready for this, its cute!


One time Will was looking everywhere for his light saber. Mae reached under the couch, pulled it out and handed it to Will saying: I'm sorry Will, I didn't choose the right and I hid it from you. I'm sorry I made a bad choice... Mae is learning its okay to make mistakes - we all do, but we have to make it right.


Mae often talks about "Slider" you know, Jesus' brother who didn't get a body! Slider doesn't help us choose the right.


Mae is teaching me everyday how to be a better mom. She challenges me and helps me become better. She is, in many ways, what I want to be. I'm so thankful to be her Mom,


Happy 5th Birthday Mae!!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! That first picture of Mae is absolutely adorable. Makes me feel like crying!

I hope you have a great day with Mae today! You are such a good mom!

Rachel said...

Lots of great tidbits about her...I love that she likes flashy bras. Hilarious.

Stacie said...

Seriously, I have never seen Mae as a baby, but those pictures are to die for! What a cute post, I was totally smiling through the whole thing.

Bonnie said...

She is a babe, Amy! I love everything you said about her. So cute.

Lacey Sue said...

I know exactly how you feel about your sweet little girl! I often tell people that Aspen is all the good in me, without all the bad. These sweet little girls we are blessed with teach us so much!
Your story about Mae telling Will she didn't chose the right about melted my heart- she has a strong testimony already- just like her awesome Mom! And I admire you both for that! Your a killer Mom Amster- you rock at it!! I love you and your little ones very much!! Happy B-day Mae!!!