Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas festivities

This year we thought we'd try making a gingerbread house.  I actually imagined myself baking all day to get the pieces ready, the way that my mom does every year.  BUT, then I saw these awesome kits at the store and thought, why not?  I got LOTS more candy to go with it and we were ready!
I neglected to read all of the directions that said to put the house together and then wait 20 minutes for it to dry... so..... this is what we ended up with!

Yeah, the whole thing fell apart.  But I realized a few things anyway.
1 - even though they said the frosting would dry, it never really did, even the next day!
2 - kids don't care how it looks, they are just interested in what candy they get to eat
3 - even though our project didn't work out it was still some good ol' family fun.

How many more days until Christmas??  I can't wait!

No comments: