Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Show and Tell

Mae's class has show and tell every Wednesday. 

 She's always taken little things like dolls, toys, sand-dollars from the beach, pictures and so on.

Last month a little boy in her class had his mom bring his new baby brother.

Mae asked me that day if she could bring Will for show and tell.

At first I thought it was a little odd, then I thought it was sweet. 

 She was SO EXCITED and talked about it almost daily until the next Wednesday rolled around.

First, she introduced him to the class.  "This is my brother Will"


 Then, she said, "I can give him a PIGGY BACK RIDE!" and showed everyone while she took 3 to 4 steps around the circle.























After that Mae told the class about all of Will's favorite things-- Star Wars toys,  and what they like to do together-- play trains, play with Lego's, jump on the trampoline (And play family, but she didn't mention that).

The other children then asked their own questions to get to know Will better.

Mrs. G said she hopes Will is in her class and I had to agree -- she's been such a wonderful teacher this year!

I was trying not to be a sappy mom, but I was so touched that my two little kiddos are best buds.  Mae really is such a sweet sister to her brother and they love each other so much.  I'm so thankful for each of them and to see evidence of their strong relationship with each other.
 One day Will won't be so much of the little brother anymore,
but I think Mae will always be there to look out for him, like big sisters do.





5 comments:

Stacie said...

That is really special! I bet Will felt like a million bucks.

Nanette said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love Will's face while he is sitting on the table by Mae!

Rachel said...

That is incredibly sweet. I remember taking a picture of my brother while he was on his mission. I still have that picture tucked away in my elementary school tote...
Siblings are the best.

Shay said...

I think I may have choked up a little bit {no I'm not pregnant.} this is such a sweet post & kind of ironic because I posted today about Scout & Crew's friendship today before reading this. This makes me even more excited about their future friendship. I think that is the cutest show-&-tell I've ever heard of. & I hope you know you can ALWAYS call me to watch your cute kids last minute as well. I'd be thrilled

Brian & Kerrian said...

I LOVED catching up on your blog sweet Amy ~ it is so weird seeing you with the kids and me right where you used to be. I just wanted to turn the time right over to you ;) Kind of crazy conducting for my first day. Hopefully I will get the hang of it!!!! Love all of your posts!!!! So fun that you got a date night to the Jazz game and SO super sweet about Mae's show and tell. They were so sweet today holding hands!! I love when my kids hold hands!!!!!! So fun!!!! I hope you know that I would LOVE to watch your kiddos too!! We really need to get together soon, it has been too long! Hope your doing great!!! xoxo