Sunday, July 31, 2011

The 24th

Our Group -- the Wayman's, Smith's, Manwaring's and us + 9 kids
        For our Pioneer Day we ventured to Salt Lake to see the parade.  I've always wanted to do this but without sleeping out to save a spot.  We decided to go with our friends who were willing to leave some things out over night to save a spot(and go back super early in the morning to keep watch).  We had GREAT seats and loved the parade!
Ethan and Will

Mae all ready for the parade to start

 Us with some of our friends... Matt, Nate, Beau and the kids in the front: Will, Mae and Corbin.
 We loved seeing our dear Prophet, President Monson!
 I loved the bagpipe band... well, all the bands but this one was awesome!  Did I mention that I LOVE parades?!?  Seriously, I LOVE THEM!!
Will took this picture... Ethan and me.

me and Matt... and Nate


 After the parade we went to Liberty Park.  It was such a beautiful day -- cloudy and a few sprinkles of rain here and there. We were thrilled to walk around and enjoy the day.

Mae and Will didn't look so thrilled though.

 We had our favorite carnival treats, walked, checked out the play ground, ate some more and then headed home.
One of our favorite floats!

It was a great day and if our friends, the Wayman's would like to(save us a spot), we'd love to make this a yearly tradition!

1 comment:

Jamee said...

Funny that you LOVE parades, because I do too and Brett has just had to get used to me always wanting to go...and always being a fun sideliner! One day I want to go to that one too...but without sleeping over. Glad you had fun!