After sitting for what seemed like the entire afternoon, we went on a little hike. I've always wanted to check out Ensign Peak so that's what we did. It happened to be 96 degrees and we were melting.
Mae and Will were less than thrilled.
After they worked up a good sweat I figured we'd better turn around.
I know it is supposed to be a short hike but the heat and going straight up a hill were just too much for these kids.

Perhaps we'll try again when the weather cools down.
However, the view was beautiful from this point! AND it was super fun to walk back down the hills. AND I had two exhausted kids that night... bonus.




4 comments:
What a fun mom! We have only done that hike ONCE - ONCE!!! We must do it again - it is beautiful, and really not bad on a cool(er) day.
Yes, I would think that hike would be too much for a sticky hot day. Luckily we did it on an overcast day and did get a few sprinkles of rain. You will have to try again or go in the evening. The house looks GREAT!
I'm just starting to understand this 'bored kids' thing...it's a lot of work! I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm actually looking forward to school when Ethan has something to do. :)
And the house looks great. I'm so excited for you.
House looks FABULOUS! so exciting.
Sorry, but I did have to laugh when I saw the 'exhausted' picture, poor kids :(
Post a Comment