Friday, October 21, 2011

Silver Lake 2011

On Saturday we did our annual hike around Silver Lake.  It was a perfect day.  













I had to do a project for one of my classes and was able to do it with Mae!  We had to do a little activity and then write a story about it together.  This is how the story ended up in Mae's own words:


We were driving for a long time.  
We went on a hike.  We saw red leaves and yellow leaves.
 There was snow on the trail.  
We saw beaver dams and trees that were so long and tall.  
After we were done we got a treat at Soelberg’s.  Donuts and a brownie. 
Before we got a treat we went to a Chinese restaurant.  
We had a long day.  
We had an awesome day.  


2 comments:

Jamee said...

I think I have actually been there before. Those pics are great and the fall leaves are so beautiful. I love that you guys go and do so many fun hiking/camping adventures!

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous hike and a fun annual tradition. I need to be better about stuff like that. And so glad to see the store ended up as part of that lovely day. ;)