Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Festivities

Can you tell how excited we are for Christmas?!


This year I knew we wouldn't be home for Christmas so we spent a lot of our time in December enjoying our traditions.  While the kids were on break we made sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies at Grandma & Grandpa's house.  The kids had such a great time and I am so thankful they get to spend time making cookies with my mom!  They'll always remember these fun times.










We went to see the Temple one evening.



One Saturday night the Jazz had their free scrimmage night.  We didn't plan on being there super early but got there before the doors opened and were able to get seats on row 13.  We had so much fun together -- even if the old men behind us were drunk and threatening to fight Matt at the end!!

Our ward had a Christmas breakfast and although Will was sick, Mae and I went.  It was a great opportunity to actually meet people in our ward!  Mae was thrilled to meet Santa and asked for an iPad!  It think it was because that's what the girl asked for before her in line!  How funny is that?!  I asked her later if she knew what an iPad is and she said, yeah you listen to music on it.  I said, oh you mean an iPod?  And she said yeah... I guess I don't know what an iPad is!

 We have hardly gotten a trace of snow all December but I took these pictures right after Thanksgiving when we woke up to a bunch of snow.  Mae and Will were outside at 7:30am to play with our neighbors.
 We have a small 4-5 foot hill at the park across the street and they took the sleds over there for most of the day!

As a side note: I taught myself how to french braid!  Not too shabby, right?!

And of course, we spent a lot of time making our neighbor gifts... chocolate covered pretzels this year.  Will helped me and we had a great afternoon getting them all done!

No comments: