I just finished the best practicum experience I've had thus far. I went to Willow Elementary in my hometown. The people in this town are great. I saw many of MY old teachers and rubbed shoulders with amazing teachers. I left with so much excitement for teaching. What an exhilarating feeling to watch a child learn. I grew so close with many students whom I'll never forget. I know I still have so much to learn but I'm getting closer and so much more excited to teach.
I have 1 more assignment to do.
1 more class on Wednesday.
And then I'm finished until January-- student teaching, probably in Tooele somewhere.
I can't wait for summer!
Here are some pictures of my experiences. I have to document all of my lessons, so my mentor teacher got really good at snapping pictures for me.
I'm so glad to be home again.
 |
| I taught a lesson on writing letters and envelopes and received a Thank - You note from a little sweetheart. |
 |
| The kids can't have their faces in pictures taken, haha |
 |
| This was a lesson I did on classifying triangles |
 |
The students had butterflies that had grown from tiny little caterpillars. Last week we let them go. The kids' reactions were priceless -- it was magical to watch them fly out. They chased them around the playground and made sure they were ok. This one was enjoying the orange so I held it for about 5 minutes and just watched until it was ready to fly. |
I don't care what grade I end up teaching but I will read them books on the "rug" no matter how big they are!
1 comment:
You are so cool! I am so happy for you, you will be an awesome teacher.
Post a Comment