As I mentioned before, Mae and Will stayed with Matt's parents-- Nonny and Poppy! They had SO MUCH planned for the week and had talked about it all year and couldn't wait for their time together. Mae and Will were equally excited-- they sure love their Nonny and Poppy!
While we were in St. Kitts we were able to FaceTime with Mae and Will. Bill answered and we asked how he was. He said, "...Okay..." yeah instantly we knew something was wrong. He was scooting around the house in an office chair and showed us his leg all bandaged up. He had ruptured his Achilles tendon while they were at the beach on Tuesday!! Aaaah!! On Monday they went to Disneyland with Kyle, Brittany and their 4 boys. They had a great time and then went to the beach on Tuesday. Poppy was teaching the kids how to surf and then started pulling them around in the shallow water on the boogie boards. Suddenly his calf hurt so bad he thought a sting ray had stung him or a shark had bit him! He fell to the ground and didn't see any blood at all! He felt his ankle and where his tendon was before... was now gone. Some surfers came over and helped him to the truck. Mary gathered up the kids and all of their gear and they all went to the ER. They confirmed that yes, he had ruptured his Achilles tendon.
Throughout the week we had been emailing pictures and they sent me so many that I had no idea he was hurt. The kids were having a blast either way. While we were doing FaceTime they were jumping in and out of the pool and doing crafts in the kitchen. Mary and Bill both told me they were disappointed that they couldn't do all the plans they had made for the week but Mae and Will never knew the difference -- they are just happy to be with Nonny and Poppy.
Here are the pictures of the fun time they had. (Taken by Mary and Brittany)
 |
| Small world -- Mae, Will and Savannah |
 |
| Mae, Savannah and Will holding Kaaden and Zek |
 |
| Kaaden, Lincoln, Will, Nonny, Bentley, Savannah, Mae, Poppy and Zek |
 |
| I could just eat up this little boy |
 |
| So cute |
 |
| helping with the boys... I hope |
 |
| I'm so glad Will still hugs the characters :) |
 |
| Ohh... sweet little buddies |
 |
| Sanding the Wax |
 |
| Will ripping it |
 |
| Surfer girl -- Best Poppy ever! |
 |
| I love this one-- so cute and free |
Mary was snapping away taking pictures and continued to do so after he fell down hurt!
 |
| Old man down... ouch |
We are so thankful for Matt's parents! They are truly such a blessing. Mae and Will are borderline obsessed with them and love their time with Savannah too. Will has been calling me Nonny all week. He really bonded with her while I was gone. I'm so glad they get this time with their grandparents, and even though it didn't go according to plan, they still had amazing time. I only had 1 grandma living for most of my childhood... I'm so glad my children get to enjoy their grandparents!
Thank you so much Mary and Bill -- I love you both dearly.
Poppy went in for surgery today and it went well! Hopefully the next 6 months of recovery will go well!
2 comments:
We had so much fun spending tine with them! Will and the boys had the best time playing together...just being boys :) Mae was so sweet with Bentley...I should have taken more pictures! Love those kiddos so much!!! Miss you guys tons!!!
What a fun vacation for everyone!!! Loved all the pictures and stories, so glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment