Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Easter & Spring Break

Spring break was amazing this year.  ALL of us were so ready to just enjoy some time at home and be together.  With the new grass we were outside eating on the patio at least once a day.  We did very little all week and didn't really leave the house but we loved it!

 Easter morning:




Will had to fit in a little jumping in between pictures.



Finally our neighbor Emily came to the rescue to snap a photo of all 4 of us.

 Easter Sunday was wonderful.  I felt like it was so special for me this year, I don't know why its different than years past but I loved the simplicity of thinking of my Savior throughout the day and talking about Easter with Mae and Will.  Such a beautiful holiday!

Since we've hardly been home I didn't really have a lot of options for lunch food... so I warmed up anything I could find and made a weird lunch on our first day of spring break.  The kiddos didn't seem to mind at all!  They just thought it was cool to eat outside.

We had a lot of picnics and a lot of little neighbor kids over each day.

Sadly, one of our neighbors moved that week.  Cayden and his family moved to Ogden... we miss them so much!



During our spring break, BOTH Mae and Will caught strep!  This is another reason why we stayed home all week!  I had to force them to lay down and rest, they didn't feel all that sick, especially Will.  He never even had a fever.  I just decided to have him tested since Mae was positive and we were at the doctor's office.  Crazy!  Poor Mae was pretty sick, but once we had the antibiotics she felt better very soon.  I think the Stephens' family needs to get their tonsils out ASAP?!  Don't you think??



At the end of our Spring break, we enjoyed conference.  Will drew a picture of the prophet:

And this is Mae's drawing of the prophet.  This was one of the first years that they have listened  quite a bit and I LOVED it!


No comments: