Monday, October 1, 2007

Update on Boy



Hello! I just wanted to share an update on Boy(Will. Mae has always just called him "BOY" and its stuck!). I took him to the doctor again on Friday. The doctor said he either had the Rotavirus or the stomach flu. But because of a certain color of his poop, we know it is the Rotavirus! aaaaahhhh! It is extremely contagious. We've already gotten a little girl next door sick(sad!). So this past weekend we've been continuing on with the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast), and just taking care of him.
This morning I noticed Will was acting like he felt better. He was doing his morning routine of saying "dadadadadada" and I tickled him and... he laughed! yay! I checked his gums and guess what? His first tooth broke through! So I think now that the teething has ceased he is feeling better. But yay for him, he is turning into a big boy.

On a side note, Mae is doing well. She has been as patient as a 2 year old can be, waiting for Will to feel better so we can leave the house (maybe tomorrow?). She has a few questions she LOVES asking lately

"What doinin?"

"What happened?.... Mom, what happened?"

"Where's Poppy?"
ME: I don't know! Mae where is Poppy?
"Poppy's in Hemet... in Hemet."

ME: Mae, where's Grandma and Papa?
"Papa in Grntvil. Grntvil." (That's Mae talk for Grantsville)

And, my personal favorite: "You OK? YOU OK? YOU OK!!??"
ME: "Ya, I'm ok Mae. Are you OK?"
"Ya, I'm ok."
Yesterday we were driving through Granstville and Mae said, "Hey! Grantsville!"

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yay! I'm glad he is starting to feel better. I'm sad that we didn't get to see you guys over the weekend, but thanks for being wary! Let's get together soon and I hope Boy is completely better even sooner!