Saturday, January 5, 2008

Awesome recipe

Hey I know you are obsessed with the kettle corn you buy at county fairs, 4-H events and the Tooele Arts Festival every year (LIKE ME), so I found this recipe and it tasts just like it, and its easy! try it! The only thing I'm going to change when I make it next time, is to put salt in with the sugar, and maybe some more sugar! Its SOOO GOOD!! Now I don't have to run down to the Crossroads of the West Gun Show this weekend to get some!


KETTLE CORN
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
Place the popcorn and sugar in a large pot with vegetable oil. Over a medium heat, begin to pop the popcorn. Constantly shake the pot to ensure that the popcorn kernels and oil do not burn. Once the popping has slowed, remove the pot from heat.




http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kettle-Corn/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

a Tom said...

This is brilliant. I'm going to try it tonight for FHE. We accidentally bought some popcorn kernels (accident=Asia broke open the bag in the store), but I haven't seen a popcorn popper anywhere here. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

a Tom said...

The result is deliciousness. I was so sure I would burn at least the first few batches, but it all went okay. How could something so simple be so good?