Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Week 2 at the beach

I just wanted to write about how well the south beach diet is going! Its been one week since I officially started. In that week I have "cheated" twice. I won't get into that... just lack of preparation and a family dinner!

The nice thing that I have really noticed is that I do not have any cravings anymore. I used to have lunch or dinner, then a couple hours later need something sweet. I don't anymore. I don't get "ups and downs" at all with my blood sugar. Its a great feeling. Its actually very liberating to be in charge for once! Matt and I are finding creative things to eat and new recipes that really keep us going yet, our diet hasn't changed much. I think switching up the menu really makes it easier for us.

So far I'm down 7 pounds since March 10 and I am fully motivated to keep going!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats! Im happy for you! Good luck! oh, and sorry about church on sunday! Brie was a little out of control! i hope you didn't leave just because of us!

Leeann said...

Wow! Yay for you!

The Schooley's said...

Hey Amy!! I stumbled across your blog from The Fifield's. Your kids have grown so much! I am glad life has been so good for you and Matt. We think about you guys all the time. We miss all the BBQ's we used to have. Our blog is fourjedi on blogspot too. Hope we can keep in tough more!!

Alli Schooley

The Schooley's said...

Hey Amy,

We are still in Minot. We just got orders to Kadena AB in Japan. We are excited. The Holbrooks (do you remember them?) are there as well. We are excited since by the time we leave here, it will be 7 years in Minot. Long time. What has been going on with you guys?? We still just have Tanner who is 10 now and Sawyer who is 6. They are huge and so much fun!! Chad is in the Bishopric as 1st counselor, but Bishop got a job in Utah, so I think he will be released soon. Catch me up to what has been happening with you guys!! ALLI