Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer!

On Saturday it was such a beautiful day. We went out shopping and as soon as we got home, Matt was out in the backyard filling up the little blow-up pool for Mae and Will. He was so excited. Will was thrilled and jumped right in the freezing water! He wasn't sure how to get out and get back in, so he figured out if he gets on his belly he can slide in and out. This is what he did for the rest of the afternoon. He is so cute. He is growing so much right now and I cannot believe how fast he is when he runs! He is realizing that he can test his limits, like when he is annoying Mae by touching her with one finger... and she screams... he loves stuff like that and when we tell him no he laughs and smiles! :) Oh ya, back to swimming... Mae fell asleep so I woke her up to see if she wanted to swim. I had to kind of move her around a bit because she would not wake up, finally when her eyes peeked open a little bit I said, "Mae do you want to swim?" and she suddenly opened her eyes up and said "YES!" She has waited for months to swim. Its been a long winter for her! So we went outside and holy cow I can tell a huge difference from last year... I could actually relax a little bit while watching them play! Last year Will wasn't crawling and just sat there, so it is so nice that they can play together now. They had a blast. I am sooooo glad the weather is nice now! While they were out playing, Matt went to the store to get something for dinner and I had to run inside to use the bathroom, I ran right back and I could hear them laughing and screaming together. I got outside to see Will's hair was soaking wet and Mae was running around with the hose. Oh, the things they think are funny. So a few minutes later Will was turning blue and shivering so we had to back inside (and it was about 7:00 pm). I got Mae and Will dressed... Which reminds me, Mae is obsessed with her panties. I only got princess ones because I didn't want to have an issue of "which ones" she might feel like wearing, so I got all the same... fewer choices! The other day Mae's friend Addi was over and they were both using the potty. It was Mae's turn and she said "Addi, do you like my panties?" Addi was not thrilled with Mae at the moment and said "No." Then Mae looked at her and said, "Come ON!" Oh, it was so funny. I was dying. Apparently that's something I say? Mae is mostly potty trained now. She has an accident here or there, but wears panties to bed with no problem. We still have her potty chair in the car and use it if we are out somewhere and she is afraid of the huge loud toilets. She is such a joy to us. She is getting so big and can say so much now. Aaaahhh... We're just so happy and really enjoying this part of our children's lives. It is so amazing to watch them learn and grow. We are very blessed and so excited for the new season of Summer and all the fun we're going to have.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Fun! I can't wait to take Katie swimming in Vegas!

Emily said...

Summer...aahhh, the memories!