
I remember looking for horny toads in the fields with the neighborhood boys(The Keisels and Francoms).
Riding my bike to the dam with friends and then being so scared but loving the ride back down the hill.
Going hiking and picnicking to South Willow Canyon. One year I fell in the river after my Mom told me NOT to try to cross it!
Helping Mom bottle peaches, tomatoes, pickles and who knows what else.
Swinging on our home-made rope swing complete with an old pillow for a cushion (see pic).
We had to choose a chore to do everyday and one day I chose to pick the currants in the garden... until a bee came up to me and I ran away.
Jumping on the trampoline all afternoon until it was time to go to bed.
Ardena, Eddie and me jumping away
Swimming lessons and always having a crush on my boy teachers.
Being so excited to get up that I couldn't sleep in. One year I had tennis lessons at 10 and I remember walking around the house until then, because I ready to go by 9!
Sleepovers on the trampoline. I loved to be the person in the middle who got scrunched in the night!
Riding my bike to the drug store to get Mom a birthday present (July 21).
Walking to the Handy Corner to get penny candies.
Tennis lessons -- I never won a game.
Watching the 4Th of July fireworks every year and saving all of my money to buy fireworks... its still my favorite holiday! Watching the parade was always fun too, back when they actually made real floats.
Mowing the lawn for 50 cents.
Wanting to swim in the sprinklers so bad, but we always had to wait until it was at least 80 degrees.
Filling up the wheelbarrow and acting like it was our personal swimming pool.
Flying kites at the middle school, then driving all over town to find the ones that got away.
Playing outside all day Sunday after church.
These are just a few of my wonderful memories growing up!
7 comments:
You had an awesome childhood!
We had to wait until it was 80 degrees, too! And we always walked to Handy Corner to get candy. I like to call it Candy Corner.
K - I think you just described my childhood! LOL!
I LOVE your new header! Darling!
Yeah, except for the fact that you won all your tennis matches including the ones against ME!
Cute new look!
I loved reading your summer memories! I LOVE the pic of the swing/pillow. Very fancy! LOL
Loved seeing the pictures of you as a child. What a cute little girl who grew up to be a beautiful woman!! The tramp pix were the best!!
Post a Comment