Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

I saw this on someone's blog and thought it was so fun. Check out this blog for more details.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walkingaround outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

My first experience as a Mom:
One of my first experiences as a Mom was the day after Mae was born. She woke up from a long nap and I was changing her diaper. Because I was so new at this, the diaper was on wrong and she had a big wet spot on her shirt. For some reason this was just the saddest thing to me and I sat there and wept as I changed her shirt! I just could not handle the thought of my little girl having her own pee on her shirt. That idea went out the window shortly after as we tried every kind of diaper available until we found "the one" that did not leak her #2's. Ew... I do not miss that part.

Why I love being a Mom:
I love being a Mom because I've always known that this is what I was born to do. Both Matt and I have wonderful parents and we take everything wonderful and add our own twist. Its the perfect amount of doing what you already have inside of you and making it up as you go along. I am always on my toes, always busy, and always loving every single day. This really is the best time of my life. THIS is what I've dreamed of since I was old enough to dream about it. Its the simple, every day things, and the big family trips. Its everything I could want!

The day Mae was born I instantly felt fulfilled. And same with Will. I had the same experience with each of them, the night after they were born. For some reason we're sitting awake in the light of the hospital room lamps about 2 AM. I just remember Mae looking at me, so seriously, just concertrating so hard to look at me and the look on her face is one I'll never forget. Its the first time as Mother and daughter, that we just looked at each other in the eyes and felt love right away. That bond is something that I have cherished. I wonder what each of them were thinking? What was going through their tiny little minds, the night after they were born? I think they were just happy and knew, just like me, that they were where they were meant to be.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

3 comments:

The Schooley's said...

That made me cry. You are an amazing mom Amy!! You can tell by the way your kids eyes shine!!

Misty Moncur said...

I linked to your blog through Emily's. This site looks exactly like something you would create! You are so cute, and your family is so cute!

Leeann said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! You are such a fantastic mommy. Your kids are so lucky.