I have to start out by saying this is by far my favorite holiday! Better than Christmas, Thanksgiving, or my birthday... I honestly love it that much! We had a wonderful, hometown 4th of July this year.
We got up early and got ready for the parade. We had to go to the Tooele parade because of Mae's dance performance afterwards... boo hoo... but it most likely the same parade as Grantsville. Mae and Will got soooo much candy! They were so excited. I told Mae that if she waved and said hello to every float/truck/goat/etc they would throw her candy, so that's what she did! Towards the end Will had so much candy it wasn't exciting anymore and he started walking up and down the sidewalk.

Then, we went to Mae's dance performance with Jazz In It. I wasn't sure how she would do, so I didn't even have any family come, knowing that there was a possibility she'd get stage fright and go MIA. But I have to say she did wonderful! She was a little spacey at first but then she saw her teacher doing the dance and caught on. I was really proud of her!
Then, we went to my parents house for lunch and the super-slider! After that we took naps and went to the park for a bit... it was extremely hot! I went down the big shark slide with Mae and we called it a day.
We had BBQ for dinner at my parents house and did the super-slider some more. I tried doing a few fireworks (being the pyro I am) but it was really sad because I lit a smoke bomb and Will ran up and grabbed it!! While it was lit! He is so curious where Mae is extremely cautious... I never would think he'd just pick up something smoking though! It was one of the saddest moments of my motherhood, I ran inside like he was on fire and put warm water, then cold water, then ice, then lanacaine, then toothpaste on it. (Everyone had the perfect solution, so I tried them all!) A few minutes later he was just fine (With a dose of Tylenol) and a small blister on his finger and we were off to the high school for the fireworks. Last year, Mae hid her head in my mom's lap the entire time and Will slept through the fireworks, so I didn't know what to expect this year. The $2.99 glow sticks were a huge hit and suddenly the fireworks started... Mae laid down by me in awe and Will just didn't know what to think. He just rolled around on me throughout the whole fireworks! Buy hey, at least he didn't cry!
After the big fireworks we did some small ones back at the homestead with the fam until our kids were about to drop. They fell asleep as soon as the car was going. I'd say it was a perfect, wonderful, amazing, 4th of July! I love this holiday and can't wait for next year.






5 comments:
I love:
That Mae is in dance.
That 4th of July is your favorite holiday.
That your kids are so cute.
And that glo stick pic, isn't our camera cool.
I love the 4th of July too! And I'm glad you had such a good holiday. Mae looked sooo cute! I wish I would've seen you at the park or at the high school. We were there, too!
I would've been with you and freaking out if one of my kids grabbed a smoke bomb. I love fireworks but have been to scared to do them with the kids yet. Still haven't done it. I just take them to the big shows and do a picnic. Glow stick are the closest they get. I'm still too chicken.
That slide thing looks like a blast.
You guys are so cute! I love Mae's costume! That is quite the slide! Will is all boy!
I was just remembering the year we lit like a million fireworks at the Jamison's with you guys. Man that was fun. I wish I could go on the super slide. That looks like a blast. Mae in her dance outfit is like the icing on the cake of this blog. Next year, I'm coming with you guys on the 4th!!
Post a Comment