Sunday, July 27, 2008

With the long, Pioneer Day weekend, we decided to go St. George. We swam and went hiking and went shopping and just did whatever our little kiddos wanted. Will's new favorite word is Popsicle, "OPSCHICLE!" It cracks me up when he says it! And yes, he did have them with breakfast, lunch and dinner... after all, it was vacation, right? Mae is a professional toddler swimmer and showed us her stuff in the kiddie pool. She learned how to hold her nose (much to Matt's dismay, the "proper" way is to blow air out of your nose, Okay Mae!) and go under water. We got her goggles and she was in heaven with them and her floaty! It was such a great weekend but we're happy to be home again!
I had to post this with Matt's new shoes showing. I packed everything and when we to go St. George Matt got his shoes out... two right shoes! So when we were at Wal-mart Matt picked these out and was so proud they were only $10 with Velcro and everything. Which is where we saw some polygamists and their dad was buying at least 20 gallons of whole milk, wow! That was fun!!
This was in Snow Canyon. It was so beautiful. Definitely a great place to go for little hikes.
When I asked Mae if she had fun hiking she said "Yes... but I got sand in my shoes!" Dang it... that sand ruined her whole day. We'll try not to let that happen next time.
We walked up this huge rock and it was awesome!
Pool party! By the way, it was cloudy on Saturday, but still 96 degrees. Which felt just about the same as 106 on Friday!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun! You guys are always having such fun adventures! Snow Canyon is beautiful! Glad you had fun.. and nice shoes Matt!

Rachel said...

What in the heck are you up to? Are you living in Happy Valley? It seems like there are more people here from our grade than I thought.
Our house is no more than 2 minutes from Utah Lake here in Provo. Liking it here, but would like to move a little north in Utah County. We take what we can when we can get it, right?

The Schooley's said...

How fun!! I think that once it gets to 95, everything feels the same. No fun in the heat. You are troopers for going hiking. Tell Matt, his new shoes kick booty!!

Emily said...

We almost forgot about the 24th! You were so close to us. Next time you ar in St. George we would love to meet up with you!

Lacey Sue said...

AMSTER!!! Your kids are so darn precious! It sounds like you guys had an incredible vacation!! You deserve it!
How are things...haven't heard from you in FOREVER! Hope you and yours are well! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Oh, Amy, I have to say I'm embarrassed to think of you sitting there listening to my Little Mermaid renditions! So sorry to put you through that...though I luckily don't remember that. I do, however, have many memories in sleeping bags, sliding down the stairs to your basement and taking a few hard hits. Good times.

Ryan Stephens said...

jjjjjjjjEALOUS!