I haven't written much about what we've been doing recently, so here's a little update in pictures.
We went to Liberty Park one afternoon last week. Mae and Will did not know what to think about the water area, but Will was soon right in it and Mae followed after! After they were all wet we had to make them run around and play for awhile because I didn't bring extra clothes! Bad mommy... I know.
Will wanted to wear a dress like Mae one day... I put him on it and soon after he realized he didn't like it. Mae told me that she was the PRINCESS and Will was the QUEEN!
Then last week we had a MOMS and KIDS overnighter in Midway. A few of my sisters made it and we had such a blast. We went swimming, made home-made pizza, watched a movie, stayed up really late (A few of my neices only slept for 2 hours!), then got up in the morning and swam some more, had pancakes and then went to the Homestead resort to see this enormous crater. It was a wonderful time that brought us all closer together.
On Saturday, Matt needed some time with Mae since we had been gone for a couple days, so he took Mae to see "Space Chimps." She was so excited to go to a movie with her daddy! Matt said she loved the movie, even though it was, in his words, LAME. But they had a fun time together. Later that night we drove to South Willow canyon to have a little picnic and s'mores. The kiddos were scared of the fire. Mae made her own s'more with an un-toasted mallow and loved it. Will just kept falling everywhere and was sooooo filthy dirty! One time, he fell and landed on his FACE. No cuts or bruises, but I don't think a child could be any more dirty! So we walked over to the little river in the camp site to wash off. Will immediatly walked right into the river like he knew exactly what he was doing. Mae played for a while before getting her feet wet. Soon Will was walking up and down the bank and would slip here and there, once on his booty and another time, he fell on his belly and then somehow ROLLED face-first, into the water! He was a little shaken up, but continued on throwing rocks and playing! I am bummed I didn't take any pictures. It was such a fun afternoon.
My mom's birthday was on Monday, so we had a suprised party for her on Sunday. It was really fun. We hid our cars and everything, so she had no idea when she got home from church. Mae's highlight was the noise-makers and singing "Happy Birthday" to Grandma.
Which brings me to my belated Happy Birthday to my mom. I am pretty sure she had a wonderful birthday, but just incase... Happy Birthday Mom!






5 comments:
Sounds like a fun, busy week! I love the story of Will in the dress! :)
What a fun week!! I love your descriptions of your kids. I have a vivid picture everytime I read your blog and (sorry) found myself laughing that Will ended up facedown in the river. I am glad he is ok, it is just something that would happen to Sawyer so it made me chuckle. So, I'm thinkin we should avoid Space Chimps?? Grin.
I have a lot of fun memories from South Willow canyon.
Also, I almost choked when I saw your new header, the picture of the tiny flower. Kamrynn brought me three just like it today and for a moment I was scared that she had been over picking your flowers!
It looks like you are having a blast. I love the pictures from the water park. I am glad that you kids were afraid of the fire. I am not sure what mine would do. I could just picture them both trying to touch it, and me being a nervous wreck. Your mom's picture is beautiful.
Sounds like you've had tons of fun! Liberty Park looked fun! I drive past there everyday on my way to and from work, but I never stop. (I think the memories of field trips and eating sack lunches there while the seagulls attack are still haunting me.)
And the mom and kids outing is a fun idea! I have found (just from observation) that toddlers and camping usually don't mix very well. But, it's still fun! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mama Cask!
Post a Comment