Thursday, August 21, 2008

Firsts



Today Mae and Will had their first dentist appointments. I didn't tell Mae until we were a couple of minutes away from the office. I had told her we were going to see Matt at work and when we didn't turn down 500 S. she asked where we were going.... so I told her the dentist and she looked at Will and said "Boy, we're going to the dentist!!!" Then, we got to the building, went up the elevator and she flipped out. She said she wanted to go to the car! Then Matt came and calmed her down and we went in to the room with Dr. Romney. Will was messing around with all the tools, checking everything out and Mae was on Matt's lap, hiding her head. The dentist just looked at their teeth quickly and called it good. Mae screeched like a mountain lion and Will just squirmed. Afterwards, they got their own toothbrush and toothpaste and had HUGE smiles on their faces! They were so thrilled to pick out a toy, too. When we were walking out Mae said "Mom, I was so brave!" It was fast and went better than I thought it would. I was just thankful Matt could stop by and be there with me.


Afterwards, since it was only 10:30 am, we stopped by the Tracy Aviary. It was a lot nice than I remember it and the kiddos loved it. Then, we noticed the rides were open at Liberty Park. Mae and Will went on the car ride and the airplanes. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! I was relieved because we're going to Lagoon tomorrow, so it looks like they'll be excited for the rides!
Poor pictures and they aren't even looking at me, but I swear they were having fun.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ethan loved his first dentist visit...he must be somewhat close in age to your Will. LOVED the yearbook pics, as well. I like you much better now...aren't you glad we were the mighty class of 2000?

The Schooley's said...

yeay!! The cars sure look fun. I'll bet my kids would lump the dentist trip & the rides together & if we didn't do both of them the next time, World War 3 would break out. How was lagoon???