Many people have told me to keep track of the funny things children say, so here are a few from Mae that she's said recently!We were at the neighborhood park and a little girl Mae's age was in her yard, next door. Mae walked over and showed off her new shirt, told the little girl she just got it and the little girl did the same. A few moments later I realized Mae was still in their yard, so I asked her to come back to the park. She looked at me, put her had up like a stop sign and said "Hold on! Just a minute, Mom!" Then continued on with her conversation "I'm going to start school in a couple weeks..." with her new friend.

While driving past SaltAir Mae said, "Mom look! Its Aladdin's Castle!"
Recently I was talking to Mae about going to college(can't start too young preparing them, right?) and how exciting it is that she can go when she's as big as her cousin Koli. She thought about it and then excitedly said, "Mom, can you come wiff me?" I told her she'll be big enough to go alone and she said, "Well, can't Daddy come wiff me??"
When we leave our house Mae looks up at the radio towers on top of the mountain and says, "Mom, the castle is STILL THERE!"
Mae was playing with my cell phone ( I know, bad mommy) and Will was trying to get it from her. She pulled the phone away from her mouth and said, "BOY! No! I'm talking to ma frinds... SHHHHHHH!" (Sad, is that what I say to her when I'm on the phone? I hope not...)
We had corn on the cob one night for dinner and the next morning Mae came in the kitchen and asked, "Mom, where's all the corns?" I told her they were all gone. She put her chin on her hand with pointy finger on her lips and said, "Hmmmm.... intermesting..."
We were heading to Salt Lake City and Mae asked where we were going. Since we were going to various stores I just said, "Salt Lake." A few minutes later she said, "I'm going to Salt Lake to go fishing with Daddy!!!" Then throughout the day she kept saying, "We're going to Salt Lake!" Like it was some amazing lake... oops, I guess I'll have to call it something else for now.
Recently Mae has been kissing me and Matt in a different way... she tilts her head to the left and puts her hand around my neck! I was wondering where this came from and asked her, "Mae, who kisses like that?" She said, "Cinderella and the prince!" Duh Mom!
6 comments:
I totally love when kids say things like this...it opens your eyes to how they see the world around them. Mae is such a cute little thing, and she says the most precious things, thanks for sharing them!!!!
My favorite is how Mae calls Will "Boy!" That is just the greatest. Grace went through that kissing thing too. She'd immitate Ratatouille (just sort of smashing her lips against mine and staying there for a while) or Shrek (putting her hands on my cheeks before she'd kiss me.) That was fun.
How cute! I love the things that kids say. And Mae is a cutie! It's so good that you're writing these things down. You will treasure them forever!
LOL! How funny! I can't wait until Katie gets to that stage.
AWww. What a fun read. I love the fun things kids say. She is getting older!! Loved the intermesting one!!
so sweet!
Post a Comment