Thursday, August 14, 2008

What on earth!?

Okay, before I go and post a bunch of pictures of the fun things we've been doing, I have to go on about a peeve I've been dealing with lately. What do you do when you have a child that cannot be left alone for more than 2 minutes at a time? How do you take a shower every day? How do you get anything done? I never had to worry much about Mae because whenever the TV is on, she is 100% glued. Sad, I know but she doesn't watch tons of TV, just at times when I need her to chill out because you know what? it works! Will, on the other hand won't watch TV at all. I'm glad in a way, because he really should be running around anyway and it reminds me that we don't constantly have to be watching Charlie and Lola, like Mae prefers. But on the other hand, I don't know what to do with him! Today, I took a shower and came right out to check on Mae and Will. I'd bet it had been 10 minutes. Will was standing in the kitchen, staring at the floor. I walked in and he did not have a diaper on! He pointed to something, I looked over and there was a little log on the tile floor(thanks for doing it in the kitchen :) I was relieve he hadn't played with it or made a mess which I've seen Mae do too many times... but he had done something I would have never thought about... he got a little kids' fork and stuck it in it!!! What on earth?? I could not be mad, I just laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. I almost took a picture but didn't want to risk him thinking its something he SHOULD do in the future. He is so funny! Sometimes you just have to wonder, what is going through his little mind?

4 comments:

Leeann said...

I have one like that. I haven't showered alone since she was born. It's easier to bring her in with me, so I know where she is, than letting her roam on her own.

Emily said...

I am still laughng! I am sorry you had to find that little surprise. That was very nice of him to do it in the kitchen. I think that is the point when I would lock him in his room while I showered, used the bathroom, or anything else that he would have a second to do that again! A little alone time never hurt anyone! Haa ha ha ha! I am still laughing!

Stacy said...

Okay, Amy.... sorry to laugh at it, but that is FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!!!!

McKenzie doesnt like to be alone either, so I am pretty worried about how she'll take having a little sister occupy some of my time. We'll see!

Misty Moncur said...

Not watching tv is a phase. He will get over it and be watching tv in no time. However, you cannot wait that long so for a shower....maybe you could sponge bath until then.