Should I be happy. . . or sad? I can't decide.
It was a big day for Mae today! She's been talking about this day for months and months. It got to the point where we couldn't say "school" around her because she wanted to go tomorrow! Mae goes to a preschool in our neighborhood and was happy as could be, didn't even look back when I dropped her off at the door. When I picked her up after school was over, she came running to me and gave me a hug. I asked her if she had fun, "yes" was her answer. I asked her what she learned at school. She said, "I learned my ABC's!" Wow, that's a lot for the first day, good job Mae! She said she has a new friend, Vanessa and Brock is way funny. Anyway, I'm excited for her new adventures and yes, I do realize its not the end of the world . . . she's just growing up so fast and its crazy she's already 3 years old, sniff sniff.

Will wanted his picture taken too! He was sad to not be with Mae for the 2 1/2 hours she was gone. He kept saying, "Mae-mee? Mae-mee?... schooooo... schoooooo" (school). He was so happy to see her again when we picked her up! This is defenitely a new thing for all of us.
7 comments:
It may not be the end of the world, but the first time, your FIRST child heads off to school. All brave and excited, a little piece of you wants to just cry and cry..even though you knew it was coming! I am so excited for Mae, she is totally adorable. How sweet Will is to, to want his sister back!!! I love it!
She looks so cute and grown up going to school! I'm glad she loved it so much :)
Mae looks adorable in the pictures. I'm glad she had such a good time. I can't believe how quickly the kids are growing up!
Congratulations, Mae! And sorry, Mom...I can only imagine how hard it is to send them off on their first day. Even now I sometimes want to cry when I send Ethan off to nursery...I don't want to know how hard it will be when he starts school.
Don't you hate the conflicting feelings you have about your kids getting older? I feel your "pain" Amy. How fun you get to have "Will time" though. I loved your summer post & as always your Tuesday tell all. Yeay!!
Be GRATEFUL you can afford it! Preschools here are $200 a month! We really don't have that kind of pretend money. I swear they base the loans off of single men! I'm so happy for Mae! I know the feeling, Brie talks about her CLASS all the time! We are starting tumbling classes and then later ballet to fill up her busy little mind!
So exciting! she is so beautiful!
Post a Comment