Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Farewell to Summer


I'm always sad when summer is over.
Not winter, fall, or spring...
nope, just summer.
I had to make a post looking back on the great summer its been. Maybe to remind me of the great memories so I don't have to feel bad its over. A few things made this summer excellent... more than many, many others.
1. I'm a mom now and I decide what we go and do and when. Which means, since I am a goer and a doer, we were doing all sorts of fun things!
2. No small baby this summer! When we moved back to Utah we were so excited to do a ton of things we missed while we were in North Dakota. However, we had Mae and she couldn't do much as a tiny baby. Then Will was born, so we had limited activities last summer too. This year Mae and Will were ready to go and do everything! It was wonderful now that they are just a little bit older.
3. I can't think of any other reason, so that was a lame list!

So here is my top ten list of Summer 2008.

10. Grilling just about every meal -- no mess!

9. Rarely any kids socks to fold and keep track of.

8. No jackets, sweaters or extra crap to take everywhere we go.

7. Family get togethers.

6. Swimming

5. Zoo trips

4. Getting a tan.
3. Going to the mountains

2. Fresh veggies from my parents' garden.

1. Trips!...

to Bear Lake...

Eden, Utah...
Midway, Utah...
Raging Waters...
and Lagoon!
This was their first ride and you can see how excited Mae was!!
My sister Diane and her family came that day too! We met up with them so my niece could go on some rides with Mae
This may look pretty innocent but don't let it fool you. This was the scariest time of my life! Will got his seat belt loose and was just about standing up on his seat every time he came around the turn! I was soooo freaked out. Will is just a little too young, apparently, to be trusted on these rides without an adult.
"Hi, Mom! Look, I'm going to fall out, awesome huh??" he had a blast so that's all that matters... I guess.
on the train
getting on Puff the magic dragon! Will cried the whole 3 times around the track, it was too much for the poor guy.
I added this for no apparent reason, except that I look decent and Mae is covering my love spare tire.
On Bulgy the Whale(or something like that)! No, Will was not allowed because I didn't want to be scared the whole ride that he was going to fall out on his head. But Mae sure loved it!
The Merry-Go-Round, last ride of the day.
My niece, Sammy and Mae were on this ride and my sister Diane pointed to her cheeks and said, Mae SMILE! So THIS is what we got! hahaha
I wanted to end with those because I just crack up every time I see them. Funny girl.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute pictures! I'm bummed about summer being over too. But, on the plus side, with the weather being a little cooler I feel like I can get out of the house more this week! I'm just dreading the cold winter!

Leah and Mike said...

I'm glad you had such a fun summer! Lagoon looked like a blast. Cute pictures!

Leeann said...

Such cute pictures! Lagoon can be so much fun for those little people! You are looking fabulous, btw.

Emily said...

Great tribute to your summer. I love how you documented it. Love all the pictures. Your hair looks so cute short!