Friday, December 5, 2008

Recipe

After reading Loni's post about popcorn I had been thinking about caramel for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I typed Caramel Popcorn in google and tried the first recipe I found. This usually never works for me, I almost always try a weird recipe I regret later, but I knew this one would be good because the recipe is in "kitchen" terms, not cullinary correct terms! So I could tell it was someone's recipe that actually cooked at home! Here is this wonderful recipe. It totally made my day. I had so much I skipped dinner and even had to give some away because it made A LOT. If you want some gooey caramel popcorn, you have to try this.

Caramel Popcorn
2 C Brown sugar, packed
1 stick butter
1 C corn syrup
1 can sweetened-condensed milk
3 quarts popped popcorn

Bring brown sugar, butter and sweetened-condensed milk to a boil. Add can of milk, continue to cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly as it could easily burn. Pour over popcorn.

No comments: