I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day! We kept it pretty simple this year. We planned on us each making a valentine for everyone in the family. Mae and Will gave Matt a box of Giradeli chocolates and I had them make him cards, and they gave me an orchid, which is beautiful! Then, Matt and I got the kids something. I wanted to avoid mounds of candy so I got them a couple of books each and Matt gave them silly string! Let me tell you how not fun silly string is when you have 2 kiddos who are scared of it! Silly kids!Last night we got pizza and were sitting at the table eating when I realized 8 years ago on Valentines Day, Matt proposed to me! So its a special day for us. I told Mae this story and she immediately said "YOU GOT MARRIED AND I'M GOING TO GET MARRIED, TOO! I'm getting married to Sanna-bear!!" (Sanna-bear is Savanna, her cousin). We just laughed, she loves the idea of getting married in the temple (to Matt, Savanna, or whoever she is thinking about at that moment) and having babies in her tummy! I don't know where she gets these ideas. She asks me at least twice a day if I have a baby in my tummy! And haven't had any chats with her about it other than her talking about it! Kinda funny... maybe she knows something I don't??
Anyway, I know a lot of people hate Valentines day... I just love that we have a day to celebrate every kind of love we have for friends and family in our lives. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun day! I remember when Matt proposed to you... with the bag of bagels....
Happy Valentine's Day!
You guys have been busy. My nightly blog checking I have been slacking on. It was fun to see all of the new posts. Disneyland sounds like it was so much fun. I love the picture of you and Mae in the snow. So sweet! What a cute little baby. And you've gotta love those defiant days.
I remember seeing you in the hall of UVSC and you showing me your ring. I was 100% JEALOUS!!! I was so jealous you were in love and so happy (you were glowing) I wanted some love and happiness too :)! You are such a beautiful lady, and I am glad I have you for a friend !!! hehehe
A bag of bagels? There's a story here.
I got a call from my new visiting teachers today and they're coming next week. Somehow, I doubt they will be as good as you. Did that sound mean? I just meant that you were a really good visiting teacher to me. But, I guess I could give these new ones a chance....
For some reason your blog doesn't update on my update blog thingy so I always think you haven't posted anything. I should get with the program a little more. I loved the stories about Will saying no to everything. HaHa!
Post a Comment