Monday, April 27, 2009

Mae's 4 Birthday!

Mae is turning 4 tomorrow! I realize that she is still very young, but I can't help but look back and think of how much she has changed in these short 4 years.
A few nights ago I checked on Mae sleeping. She was so sweet and I had this big flashback of her as a baby. She still looks so much like a baby to me! How can she be 4 years old tomorrow?
This was when Mae was almost 2 months old, its the first smile I got on camera because she was terrified of the flash and cried! So I took this one in daylight. I love her red hair.

This was when Mae turned 1! It truly seems like it was just a few months ago. Look how red her hair is.

Of course Mae has always been so loving towards Will. I don't know if she was totally ready to be a big-sister at the age of 19 months, but she was never jealous or mean to Will. She's always been ready to love him, even when he was a little scared!

Today I took some pictures of Mae in my parents' yard. A little girl who once hated the camera... now says, "Mom, will you take my picture in that tree?" This is going to be a fun birthday. She can hardly wait.
I also have to share... today Mae was going to eat a yogurt in the living room after I told her to stay at the table and she said, "Mom, can you go use the computer and shut the door? Thanks!" Umm... no? was my response.
Mae was going outside today and it was a little cloudy. She said, "Mom, the sun is taking a nap." I said, "Yeah, the sun is behind some clouds, huh?" and she said "MOM, the sun had to take a nap, like WILL!" She is clever!

4 comments:

The Schooley's said...

She is so cute! Love the trying to get you to go shut the door in the computer room. Nice. She is learning early!! I can't believe she is 4. They grow up so fast!!

Lacey Sue said...

She is beautiful Amster- just like her mom! She reminds me so much of you! Her smile especially! They grow so fast, it's almost heart breaking! But you are, truly, like the worlds best mom. Even if she grows faster than we'd like, she is going to be one of the best behaved kids around! I love you Am, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAE!!!!

Leah and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Mae!! Those pictures are so dang cute. I just love her curly hair!! Time sure flies, doesn't it?!?!

Rachel said...

What a sweet girl she seems to be...can't get ever those HUGE beautiful eyes. I'm soft for little red-heads, as well. Happy Birthday, hope it's magical.