We rented a car and drove around Kauai for half of the day. It was so beautiful!
Our whole trip we made fun of people with SEBRINGS because they are so cheesy! When we got to the rental car place, I told the lady we rented the economy car ($20 a day! I'm cheap!) She pointed to the tiniest thing ever and said, you can have any of those, or (pointing to some older random cars) any of these. Then she pointed to a row of convertables, or you can have any of those. We were so excited! We decided on a white SEBRING and instantly put the top down! Then decided to put it back up so we didn't look like retards!
Right before this picture was taken, we were waiting in a line to go across a one-lane bridge. We thought "lets put the top down while we're waiting!" So the top was in the air and the trunk wide open when it was our turn to go over the bridge. So I went ahead and guess what? The top couldn't fold while we were driving so we had it sticking straight up in the air with all these people watching us drive across the bridge! Ardena was ducking down in embarassment and Stephanie and I were crying from laughing so hard! It was hilarious! We didn't dare look up to see how many cars were watching us, we just pulled over and fixed the top. Then we hear a voice, It looks like you've got that under control now....... um... yes, thank you!
And we were on our way!
So beautiful!

4 comments:
I'm glad you got home, but at the same time, I'm sorry you had to come back! It looks so beautiful! Maybe someday I'll get to check it for myself!
Wow! You got to see some beautiful places! Great pictures! Was it hard to leave the kids?
Emily, it was actually okay for the first 6 days. I missed them but knew I'd see them soon. When we were "stuck" there around days 8, 9, 10 then I was sick for them and couldn't even think about them without bawling! It was just WAY too long. But they were fine, actually and were totally happy so that helped!
How awesome is that?! Kudos to all of you for pulling off such a great trip.
Post a Comment