Thursday, April 16, 2009

The week after Hawaii

Once I got on a flight, I was headed to see my kiddos in Hemet! Matt was already back at work in Salt Lake. While we were in Hawaii, Matt's grandma passed away. We wanted to attend the funeral, so instead of driving back and forth and torturing our children, I stayed with them in Hemet for a week. We had a lot of fun!

Mae and Savanna were ready to be hula girls! They somehow already knew a perfect dance and we loved it!

I was so excited to see Mae and Will! We hugged and I held them each and then they were gone and continued on with their playing! I thought it was funny that they were totally fine and just needed to know I was there. Later that night, I put them to bed and then had to run to the grocery store. When I came back Megan and Mary told me that Mae and Will had both noticed I was gone and started bawling "I want my mommy!!!" so they layed down with them until they were asleep (in 2.5 seconds). I FELT so horrible though! They probably thought I was leaving for another 10 days!! I felt so bad. I wanted to just spend the next day with them, having fun. So we went to...


Disneyland!
We had the most perfect day (Except that we didn't have Matt with us). It was not busy at all. Mae and Will were so happy and excited. We all loved every minute of the day. I didn't take my camera because I didn't want to be distracted (2 kids... by myself is enough!), so I just took a few with my phone.
Watching the parade... front row, of course! With Mickey suckers!
I wanted to stay for the fireworks at 9:30. We were waiting and had a great spot. Mae climbed into the stroller and fell asleep! Then after the show started, Will was dozing off in my arms so I figured it was time to go. We got to the car and Mae woke up. She looked up and said, "MOM! We forgot the fireworks!!" oh no...
We had such a great time that I took them 2 more times in the next week! Yep, all by my big-girl self!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like fun! You ARE brave taking them both without any backups! I'm not quite ready for that yet!

Rachel said...

You are brave! I would've had a nervous break down!

The Schooley's said...

Those pix of the coconut bras are the best!! Loved looking at all the pix. You guys are the best!