Monday, August 3, 2009

Please don't grow up



Last week I was thinking about Mae doing preschool this Fall and then I realized,

this time next year I will be doing "school shopping" and getting Mae ready for Kindergarten!

I was driving so no one could tell I cried for a few minutes...
I will be excited for Mae's new adventures but
I can't imagine her
walking into school on her first day...
in just 1 year.

(And I secretly hope she doesn't want to ride the bus -- not sure if I could handle that).

I remember a lot about my first day of school...
And I'm sure she will too.



I am SO GLAD
I still have 1 year until then.
I am definitely not ready for that just yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way: In England she would be starting full time all day school on Spetember 2nd or 3rd. She would probably get half days for about 3 weeks being one of the younger ones and then that would be it! Love the picture below!

Lacey Sue said...

Amy- I totally understand you here! My little girl, who was never supposed to get this grown up...starts FIRST grade this year :( I can't believe how fast it goes....

Misty Moncur said...

Maybe you'll feel different in a year. :) You're the best mom and so sweet. It's tough to let them grow.

Leeann said...

I remember leaving Bay for the first time...and Ry...it was hard. Those darn chairs look so big, with my teeny tiny 5 year old in them.
But, when they come running out, holding out their drawing that they made just for YOU...it makes it worth it.

Bonnie said...

Oh Amy!!! This made me cry!! My Logan is Mae's age...(aren't they like a week apart?) Anyway, the picture you put on is perfect! I think I'm going to completely copy you on this post. Hope it's okay. I love reading your blog.