Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday my boy!


When Will was born, I was totally used to Mae and was not prepared for another baby to be the complete opposite. He loved to be held and rarely cried. He was so happy, so easy, so patient with me. On his first night at home I put him in the bassinet and he went right to sleep. In the night I fed him and put him back in bed and he cried. I felt so bad to hear his little cry, I laid him next to me on my pillow and I can still see his face in my mind... he was instantly content. Since then I knew he had a need to be near me. I always felt that he actually loved me back, even as a baby. He looked at me seriously almost to say, "thanks mom."

Will is now in his craziest stage yet, with yelling during sacrament meeting, "I want to GO HOME!" and throwing temper tantrums but he does it a way I've never experienced before. A few days ago he had a tantrum because I was cutting up his apple. He cried for at least 5 minutes on the couch and wouldn't let me get near him. I finally left him alone and was cleaning the kitchen floor. He came up behind me and hugged me. I asked him if he was okay and he said "Yes mamma," with a smile and another hug.

Will calls me Momma, which I love. His nickname is Willy Bebacks because when he first started talking he'd say, "I BE backs!" He loves any food, but is picky about what desserts and candy he likes. He often eats about as much food as Matt for dinner! His favorite book is "There's a Nightmare in My Closet, " by Mercer Mayer. He can "read" the whole story and his favorite page is, "I was mad, but not too mad." and we always laugh when he reads it.

Will's favorite movie is Cars. One time we were at the park and he found some one's broken Lightening McQueen car which consisted of just the front wheels. He brought it home and played with that piece of a toy like it was his new Christmas present. He is very content with whatever he can find to play with. His favorite toys are his trains though (since I threw the piece of a car away!).

I'm very lucky to be a mother to such a sweet boy. I'm so thankful for who he is and his sweet spirit in our home.


Happy Birthday Will!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cute boy...he sounds a lot like Ethan in many ways. That book was one of my very favorites when I was little...how darling that he reads that. Happy Birthday, Will!

Sarah Larsen said...

Will is seriously so sweet. Sometimes I want him to live at my house. Little boys are the best. You're such a sweet mom too. Happy Birthday Will!

The Stephens Family said...

happy birthday Will!!! such a sweet post, WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Rachel said...

What a little sweetie! Cute little guy. Happy Birthday Will! Hope it was a good one!

The Schooley's said...

Happy Birthday Will!! He is so cute!!

♥ Nonny said...

I love you Amy, you are so tender, you recognize and appreciate Gods little everyday miracles as well as the giant ones you are so blessed with! Thank you for sharing so much about Will, this beautiful Child of God, he is very blessed to have you as his Momma,
I love and miss you all, and can't wait to celebrate his birthday on Sunday.
♥ Nonny

Sharon said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Will! I love your family! I hope he had a great day!

See you in CA soon!!