Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Spectacular!

We had Thanksgiving this year with my whole family. It was such a wonderful day! We started around noon and once we got cleaned up and left, it was about 9:30. We had delicious food, fun games, lots of laughing, basketball playing, a few gaming consoles set up for the nephews and crafts for the kids.

The only thing I'd change, is I think Thanksgiving needs to be a 2-day thing! One day just isn't enough. Maybe when I'm in charge of it (in 4 years) I'll do that!

Mae, Maren, Emily and Sam

Will, Jackson, Landon, Mae, Aiden and Jacob

Sam, Emily, Alesi, Maren and Rachel The b-ball boys (and a huge red ball about to land on Matt's head)

The girls set up some type of "game" and promptly cleaned it up afterwards!
On Saturday we took the kiddos to dinner to one of my favorite places -- Costco foodcourt, and to see the lights for my birthday. It was a fabulous day and I got very spoiled this year by Matt giving me the whole weekend "off"!
Don't expect Will to look at the camera - it just doesn't happen anymore.

Mae, on the other hand, cannot get enough pictures of herself. But if I were this cute, I'd feel the same way!

I just had to add this in because Will's face is showing.


It was a wonderful weekend and it was very hard to get back into real life after such a relaxing, enjoyable weekend.

Now, its officially Christmas season and we are so excited for Mae's dance recital, The Nutcracker; for classes to end, and for some extra time to be together during the holiday season.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like so much fun!!! And Amy, you ARE that cute!!!
I'm glad you had a fun b-day!
It's so funny about Will, because my Logan is the same way!!! It's getting better, it just depends on the day! Lol!!
Cute pictures!

Hillary Mondragon said...

I agree with Bonnie-you are just as cute as Mae because she is your SPITTING IMAGE! I don't think I have ever seen a mother/daughter look so much alike! Looks like you got off your holiday season with a bang!

Lacey Sue said...

So much fun!!!! Your family ROCKS!!! I love temple square (year round) but especially at Christmas time.

Loni said...

its so true, mae looks JUST like you! You guys look so happy. I'm going to be in Utah for Christmas until Jan 5th. Lets get everyone together! Especially since Jules is moving...