but I get to be the one to take care of my kiddos while they are sick.
Because I'm the mom I get up a few times a night to someone having a coughing fit, crying for mommy or to put someone back in their own bed...
but I am the one they cry for, I am the one that brings comfort and peace.
Because I'm the mom I don't get to just lay down and take a nap...
but I do get to sneak in a cuddle with my sick kiddos and maybe fall asleep holding them for a few minutes.
Because I'm the mom I don't get a lot of "me" time...
but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Because I'm the mom everything comes to an abrupt halt when the kids are sick, everything is cancelled, called off or rescheduled...
but maybe its about time we snuggle, watch movies, read books, make forts and play Go Fish all day and I'm sure its about time for these kids to learn to play Mario Kart.
Because I'm the mom I'm happy...
when I know my kiddos are taken care of and loved.
I love being a mom.
1 comment:
Very nice post. Seems like, as moms, we are constantly working overtime. The payback comes when we're able to recognize these little moments...thanks for the reminder. :)
Post a Comment