Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter started last week with Mae's preschool Easter Egg Hunt(#1). I failed to get pictures but the kids loved it. I did all of Mae's eggs purple and Will's blue, to keep it simple. Since then Will has decided he only wants the blue eggs. We also had an Easter Egg Hunt with some friends last Sunday which was also so fun(#2).

Since we were 'tricked' and Spring only came for a week, it was so crazy to have our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt(#3) in the snow! The kids were freezing and we were there for about 20 minutes.
I found out that the 'competitive' Easter egg hunts are just not for us. Mae was crying and Will was just mad. A little girl tripped and landed on Mae and there weren't enough blue eggs for Will so he just quit. The chaos was too much... and this was a very small group of people, too!

Then, on Saturday we had the Cask Family Easter party and Easter Egg Hunt (#4). This picture is about half of the kids... the boys were all on their way outside. Mae and Will had a blast playing with their cousins. Thanks for the party, Mom & Dad!

Will going through his eggs on the swing set.

Easter Morning!! I'm not sure why it all had to happen in the hallway, but Mae and Will loved all of their loot. Mae is still 'playing' with her Peeps today, she acts like they are her little babies! We had the classic Easter morning with a wonderful brunch, Easter baskets, and plenty of questions about the Easter Bunny such as Mom, where is your Easter basket? Umm... I had one but I already ate all my candy before you woke up, honey!!

Check out Will's hair! We woke him up and had to deal with the wrath of Will for a few hours, but totally worth it on Easter Sunday.
After our Easter morning we drove to Logan to visit this little guy..

He is TINY and so cute. There's just something about holding a little baby that was in heaven only 4 days before... Robby is such a sweet little guy. I hogged, I mean, held him as long as possible.
Before we left Nonny and Poppy had an Easter Egg hunt (#5) for the kids!
5 Easter Egg hunts later and way too much candy, we are back to normal life and enjoying this beautiful Spring weather with the snow storm and everything today... but seriously,
we had a wonderful week. The best part was teaching Mae and Will the story of Easter and hearing Mae in her prayers say that she is so thankful for Jesus. That is the best part of this holiday.

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Braden cries at EVERY egg hunt he's ever done, seriously, I don't get it :)! Your kids are adorable, and it looks like they had a butt load of fun this Easter! How awesome! :)