Friday, April 2, 2010

A New Beginning

Will's been interested in the potty lately, so I decided I'd just go 'cold turkey' and get him potty trained this week. With Spring Break here we had absolutely nothing going on so it worked out really well.

Will was excited about his new underpants but the first two days were horrible. He'd do okay and then he'd get frustrated and bring me a diaper and BEG for me to put it on him! (kinda sad). With lots of Easter candy and chocolate chips, we pressed forward.

Day 2: much better than day 1.
Day 3: no accidents,
day 4: no accidents! YAY!

Mae was always ready to help Will in anyway she could.

However, it was a pretty boring week and she found plenty of things to do, like dressing up as a lion and making up a dance to go with it!

In a weird way I know I'll miss all the baby stuff that is gone now, like changing diapers. But I'm also very excited and happy for Willy.

3 comments:

Stephens Family said...

So your saying there is hope? Congratulations!
I can't wait for that day.
And I love how cute Mae is with Will they are a good brother/sister team.

Lacey Sue said...

Kudos to you for being so strong and just biting the bullet and getting it done!! And WAY TO GO WILL! Awesome job kiddo! Little Mae cracks me up, that is a rockin' outfit girl!!! :)

Brenda's Blunders said...

wow! Amy the last comment about missing changing diapers, that is a 180 from a few years ago when you gagged over changing a diaper! ha ha ha