Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ooh La La!

Matt and I had to wake up Mae on her birthday before he left for work (at 8:00 am). We sang Happy Birthday to her 4 times until she finally opened her eyes. We told her MAE -ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY, we were so excited! She closed her eyes again... finally I said, Mae do you want to open your presents? She was up in about 2 seconds and ready to start the day!
Loved the new jump-rope

Nonny and Poppy in California always know exactly what she wants, this year they did not fail and provided the best outfit for Mae's Fancy Nancy party!

Perfect way to start the day - with a tiara on

Mae went to preschool and I came towards the end to show Mae's poster and pass out a treat. Mae chose rice crispy treats with sprinkles on them. After she showed the class her poster of pictures, the kids got to ask any questions they wanted.

They varied from "What is your favorite toy? "Barbies" to what is your favorite flag? "The United States." Wow, I was impressed!!

Then someone asked, who is your best friend? Without hesitation Mae answered, "My brother Will." SO sweet. Will nodded his head in agreement. (sniff, sniff)

The next question was, "Mae's mom, where did you get Will's batman shirt?"
Mae by her poster




The party
Mae and I decided on Fancy Nancy. We love her books. And Mae is fascinated with anything fancy or glamorous. It turned out to be a really fun theme.
The girls came all dolled up or could put on any of Mae's dress-ups too. These girls were decked out from head to toe! Everyone looked adorable.
First, we decorated tiaras with glitter and glue. Then we read a Fancy Nancy book for anyone who wasn't acquainted with her yet.
Then we did some games:
A cake walk

Duck-duck goose
and
Pin the jewel on the tiara.
Ooh la la!

Then we decorated cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.
Everyone was sent home with lip-gloss, a ring, a necklace and lots of candy. You know, fancy stuff.
If anyone is planning a girls birthday soon, Fancy Nancy is so fun.

That night we were a bit worn out so Matt brought home pizza - a cinnamon one for Mae, her favorite. I think she had a fabulous birthday. I can't wait to do it again... well, give me another year, then I'll be ready.

2 comments:

luntfam said...

That is the cutest party idea ever! I cannot wait for Charlotte to be a little older to do that.

Shay said...

well this party was indeed all things "fancy" Great Job AMy!! Scout loved it...infact today (5 days later) she woke up so happily from her nap and just kept repeating, "Mae's Birthday, Happy Birthday, Mae's Party, Mae's Birthday.." I'm guessing she must have dreamed about it..