Thursday, May 27, 2010

Leap Ahead to Kindergarten!

Last week Mae had her very last day of preschool. She has had wonderful teachers this year at Lead Ahead Learning. For the program they made a video with baby pictures and their new school pictures.
I had to cry when I saw the transformation... it was only a few seconds from baby to graduate and sometimes it feels like the past 5 years have gone by that fast.


Mae has loved Grandma Pat as one of her teachers
The graduation program had lots of singing and some dancing too. Mae was a little shy but just tried not to look up and see the audience.
Will, of course found many things to entertain himself like laying in the aisle, switching from my lap to Matt's, and pointing his finger at anything in the room and making a shooting sound.
Time to throw the caps!

Accepting her diploma from her teacher, Miss Tara. Mae had her hair up for ballet and I looked everywhere for her and couldn't find her when she came out in the cap and gown, then I realized I was looking for her HAIR not her face!

We are so proud of our little Mae.
On the back of their preschool shirts it says, "Class of 2023"
Wow, suddenly that doesn't seem that far away.

This is a video of Mae doing her speaking part. We had it memorized perfectly, but being in front of people changed that quickly!

"We worked so hard and learned our alphabet so well,
being a Zoo-phonics kid is really, really swell"

Good job Mae!

Preschool Graduation from AMY STEPHENS on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

oh my word!!!! Good job Mae!!! She is growing up so beautifully!! Way to go kiddo!!

Rachel said...

She is very sweet. I ALMOST remember being that little. It takes my breath away sometimes to think that I have my own now.

Julie said...

What a cutie. I am sure you are so proud.