These two are nothing less than my purpose in life

The moment I laid eyes on each of them I felt joy, love, and a sense of fulfillment.

Mae made me a mother. It happened the second she was born, but it is much more than that. It happened in the feedings, every two hours for months. It happened when I saw her first smile. It happened when I chased her around the zoo at 18 months old and couldn't believe how worn out I was. It happened when she called me Mamma and when she cried the second I left the room. It happened when she got her shots and cried... and I cried too. It happened when I juggled two babies at home alone for the first time and cried. It happened when I made it through that first day and felt amazing. It happened then and it happens each day.
Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction. " --M. Russell Ballard
Mae and Will both make me a better mother. They are patient, loving and accepting of my shortcomings. They are truly such gifts to me. I never want this to change.
Today I'm thankful for my calling in life and the two that made it so. I'm thankful for my wonderful, perfect angel mother who made motherhood something I always dreamed of.
4 comments:
Amy, you are truly one of the most amazing mothers I know. I admire you, appreciate you, and can only TRY to be more like you! Happy Mother's Day my friend!
You are a great mommy & truly one of the most patient kind hearted people I know.
so true about Mom, & I think she made it look easier than it really is. Love ya!
How tender and sweet! I loved this post and now I'm crying like a baby! You are a great mother and a wonderful example to me to keep a good perspective on motherhood. Because often I get caught up in those "hard times and frustrating times". But, of course I love the "moments of joy and satisfaction" as well!
Post a Comment