Monday, June 28, 2010

Matt's amazing birthday

On June 17th Matt turned another year old. I guess once you're past your 30's its just fun to go buy yourself whatever you want. I, however, insisted on at least having a party with our kiddies. I told Matt I was going to make a really awesome carrot cake, his favorite. He didn't sound the least bit excited, just said ...okay thank you. So I had to ask, "You like carrot cake, don't you?" He said "its okay." Whaaaat? I thought it was his favorite! Well, I finally found out its not, he just eats it when its available. I had a couple of coconuts from my Bountiful Baskets (google it- they are awesome), so I decided I'd make a real German Chocolate cake.I will never go back to the store-bought frosting again... this was divine.
Mae asked where the candles were - darn, I forgot to buy some! I dug through my stuff and found 1 pink candle.
Mae was so kind to take a picture of us.

I hope Matt had a fabulous birthday. We sang to him, babied him A LOT and ate a lot... but this day is only one a year, right?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That cook looks SO YUMMY!!! I love German Chocolate cake. Want to share the recipe? :) (Or is it on Bountiful Baskets?)

Stacie said...

Yuuuum. I have been meaning to try the baskets the last two Mondays, but forgot. Next week...

Amy said...

I will post the recipe... its so good.

Rachel said...

That looks so good! I'm going to have to try out the recipe! Happy Birthday Matt!!!!

Rachel said...

That looks so good! I'm going to have to try out the recipe! Happy Birthday Matt!!!!