(note: we WILL remember pillows next time:-)
Friday, June 11, 2010
White Rocks
Last weekend we were ready for our first camp out of the year. We decided on White Rocks in Skull Valley. We drove through the middle of nowhere to finally get to this
Despite its lack of any modern conveniences, I am one of those people who enjoys acting homeless for a day or two.
Mae and Will were happy to be on an adventure. They looked for lizards, wildflowers and wild horses. They gathered kindling for the fire and did lots of hiking.
After dinner we hiked to the top of one of these hills. It looks like its not that high -- but it is! It was scary getting down but Mae and Will were champs and just loved it.
Mae was pointing out every cactus and I told her she was a cactus expert, she said "I'm not a cactus expert Mom, I'm a fossil expert!" So I had to get a picture of her & her "fossils." (I'm guessing Cow, horse, coyote bones?)

We were lucky to have cousins come with us which means Mae and Will were thoroughly entertained.
Will even had the opportunity to shoot a BB gun for the first time! I'm pretty sure this was the highlight of his life so far. He cannot wait to do it again. (Note: He was not actually shooting it when I took this picture)
Mae with her cousins, Sammy and Maren.
For me the highlight was s'mores and hanging out by the fire after dark.
Zach and Nick
After a long day of adventures, we were so tired the wind didn't even bother us. The only thing that woke me up was an owl hoo-ing in the night.
But thankfully these two slept like two bugs in a rug!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE camping, it truly looks like you guys had a blast!! LOVE IT!
I can't believe you let Mae touch those sicky bones!
Post a Comment