Monday, November 22, 2010

Is there a cricket on my back?

Last week I put Will in the bath and went to change the laundry.  I heard him scream the kind of scream that immediately made me think he was boiling to death in the bath.  I ran in and he had a cricket on his back!  I got it off of him, got him out of the bath and then put the cricket in the toilet.  I had to make him finish getting washed with him screaming the whole time.  Since then, bathing/showering has been horrible for this little guy.  The first day he won the battle (I felt so bad for him) and he skipped the bath, the next day I just sorta made him climb in and he screamed the whole time.
Finally, today we made some big progress because he actually stood in the bath while I washed him as fast as I could.  It took about a minute to do the whole process and he actually didn't even scream but just repeated over and over in his sweet little voice, "Mom, there's a cwicket on my back?   there's a cwicket on my back?"  Honestly, how can you not feel bad for him?  The dang cricket jumped on him!  What is a cricket doing in our bathroom anyway?!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I don't blame the poor thing! :) Darn crickets...