Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our January Heat Wave

Last week we got above freezing temperatures!!
We've had a zoo pass and I always wanted to check it out in the winter so we went...
it was 32 degrees and the sun was shining.
We were one of 4 families there and LOVED it.

 We got to see this tiny, white, baby monkey.  So cute.

 A lot of the animals were out and about.  This Leopard was even eating a mouse (gag).

We used our other annual pass last week, too.
The children's museum has a love/hate relationship with me.











The kids always have a blast and don't want to leave.
 But I feel like I go insane trying to watch them the whole time.
It also seems to bring out the worst in Will - maybe just too much over-stimulation?
But for a few hours of winter fun, its totally worth it.


Last week marked another first for our family:  Mae getting some cavities filled.
I was in horror watching it all happen.
Mae had the laughing gas, a movie and didn't have any idea what was going on.
Thankfully it went well and she still has no idea she had to have a shot and the dentist drilled in her teeth!
I'd say that's a pretty good dentist, wouldn't you?

The end of our weekend was bittersweet.  I got released from my calling in Primary.  I'll miss it.
Megan and Rob visited us from Logan with baby Robby.
Mae LOVES holding babies and thinks they enjoy it, too!
 We celebrated Megan's birthday

 If you're wondering if Matt was aware I was taking a picture... yes, he was fully aware.
Such an adorable little family!

We got a little more snow today.... but it soon melted.
I'm kinda over winter now, anyone else?
Hopefully this January thaw will stick around.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

um...is that your delectable coconut pecan frosted cake? Oh be still my heart, I love that stuff. I think I know what Sunday dessert is....

Rachel said...

Looks like so much fun! ... and Matt is a dork.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.