Thursday, January 13, 2011

2010 Recap


A look back at our year...
 Matt continued his calling in YM's.  I continued with mine in Primary.  We both make great 2nd counselors :)
 Despite us actually buying our kids toys, boxes seem to continue to be their favorite thing... I wonder if that will ever change.
 I ran a 5k in March, a 10k in May and a half marathon in August.
 I visited my sweet sister in San Francisco.
 Will ditched his diapers forever and its been WONDERFUL to be a diaper-free family!
 We were blessed with two new nephews, Kaaden in January and Robby in April.
 Mae turned 5
 (but shortly afterwards wished she had turned 6)
 She performed in Swan Lake & The Nutcracker and of course, loved every minute.  
 We did a little camping trip
 And Matt turned 31.
 We ventured to Bear Lake for our Cask Family reunion.
 And Matt hiked to King's Peak with the YM.
 Mae started kindergarten
 And we took a trip to see this little sweetie become a Stephens.
 Will played soccer and has missed it since this season ended.
 I cut my hair and we took many trips to the mountains.
 Halloween was fun with Tinkerbell and Obi Wan.
 And we prepared for Will's 4th birthday 
Then, Will turned 4.
Other than that, I have been going part-time in school while I finish up the odds & ends of my classes.
Matt has been enjoying his job doing corporate real estate in Salt Lake.
And we still love where we live.


I had a few goals last year:
1. run a half marathon, CHECK
2. keep going in school, CHECK
3. grow a garden, half-CHECK
4. spend more time focused on my kiddos - ummm CHECK
5. SIMPLIFY my life, CHECK
6. spend less $. CHECK

I completed my running goals, yay. 
 I completed my school goals, yay.
  I tried to grow a garden... decided its just not something worth my time right now, especially with my parents 10 minutes away and their bountiful garden.  
I think I spent a great amount of my with Mae and Will this year, especially once it was summer time. 
 Life has definitely been simplified for us and we have been doing great with spending less money.

This past year was spent focused on us and our little family.  It was good for us.  
(We also spent a lot of time with our extended family and good friends.)  
Looking back, its so easy to see that although there are trials-- we are so blessed!


My goals for 2011:
1. Finish up a few classes this spring and apply for the teaching program this summer.
2. Run a 10k and a half marathon.
3. Brush my teeth and the kids' teeth morning and night 
4. Read a conference talk daily.

1 comment:

Jamee said...

That is so fun to see what happens in a year! Great job on meeting your goals. And good luck with this years!