Monday, April 4, 2011

San Francisco

this is what I look like when I eat?
Last week I went to see my sister, Ardena in San Francisco.  My two other sisters, Brenda and Stephanie also came.  I'll show you some of the highlights!
We found plenty of good food to chow down on...




Gott's in Ferry building -- the best sweet potato fries EVER!
The great thing about traveling with a group of 4 is that you can always split a meal to share if you're in need of a snack!  We did this all the time if we just wanted to try something like a hamburger & fries, crabcakes at Fisherman's Warf, cream puffs at Beard Papa's or bread from Boudin's Bakery.  Yummm.... we ate good while we traveled!

 This is a little community garden across the street from Ardena's place... absolutely the most adorable street, ever!  We hiked/walked up to a park close to Bernal Heights... so gorgeous!  We could see the entire city from either side.

 We did a whole day of walking in the rain.  We all kept saying, "If my kids were with me, they'd be fighting over the umbrella... or they'd be soaking wet... or they'd be crying by now."  We enjoyed it because honestly, who just goes and walks around in the rain!  (San Franciscans do, that's who)
Vega for dinner, I tried Gnoche with pesto... yum

Brenda, Dena, Steph and me

 Everything in this place is just so dang cute and fun.  You'd never see a little display like this at any place in Utah -- that I know of.  These little cafe's just make you want to live here permanently.
starting our day with walking

China town

 Some gorgeous beach, looking toward the Golden Gate bridge.  If it had been sunny/warm I would have just stayed here all day!  In fact, I need to plan a trip back when it will be warm!


 I figured out that my phone has a panoramic picture option... I was getting on everyone's nerves because I couldn't figure out how to do it and would make everyone wait for me but a few of them turned out kinda cool!  This one was of the whole beach.

Hot cross buns,
hot cross buns.
One a penny, two a penny
hot cross buns.
 I always wondered what the crap is a hot cross bun?!  Well, now I know.  They have like little bits of fruit-cake fruit in them.... kinda weird but kinda good too.


 We decided to take a boat tour under the Golden Gate bridge.  I'm so glad we did because, as Stephanie put it, like we would ever do that with our kids!!
 It cleared up on the ride and it was beautiful!

This is Dena's house... absolutely adorable!

Looking down Gates St.

View from the top of the hill.

What would a trip to SF be with an It's-It?  Probably fun but without all the calories!  


I'm so glad I was able to go and spend time with my sisters and get to know Lincoln (Dena's BF) a little better.  


Thanks for much for having us... it was such a blast.  I'll never forget it!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Very jealous. I love San Fran so much. How awesome are sister trips...the BEST!

Stacie said...

Mmm. This post was hard for me to read because I wanted to EAT everything you put a picture of! Glad you guys had fun. I totally need to do this with my sisters. And your house plans are awesome! So excited for you guys!